You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear support,

I have installed AfD 1.8.3 and found out that if I select two or more object and go to the alignment icon, the Align to option is grey and not accessible. I need to click to a align icon at first and then Align to is accessible. I have Win 10 and I don't know if it is some kind of a new feature but it's annoying. The picture after click to alignment icon is attached.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,
Roman

2020-04-08 12_09_40-Affinity Designer.png

OK, thank you, but it's annoying. Before the change, I've just selected objects I need to align, select "how to align" (I mean Align to:) and then align. Now, I need to click to align first, but Designer e.g. align all object to the centre of the document but I wanted to align all to the left side of the first selected object. So there is one more click that doesn't make sense. It's really boring.

Kind regards,

Roman

• 3 years later...
On 4/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, Sean P said:

Hi rovor,

This isn't a bug, the Align To: Option only applies to the 'Distribute' align option, and therefore has been changed to ensure these options only enable when you've selected the Distribute option.

at least on iPad, V1.10 and V2.1, the align to is available both for distribute and for alignment. 
you can choose „first selecte“ or „last selected“

it is either a platform discrepancy, or may have been changed in newer versions after 2020.

IMG_0832.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.