You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A fix type update just released but no new features. Do you have a road map you could publish? You have added a lot of features that we professional users were requesting back in the beta days, but at the moment the only thing that stops me rolling AP to everyone in my group so we can finally drop Adobe suite is we are still missing a). tables flowing across text boxes on to other pages and b). individual paragraphs spreading across all columns in a two or three column layout. To show you my good faith, I have just completed a 48 page magazine using AP, a monthly magazine I usually produce with InDesign. What made it ridiculously difficult was not just the extra time it took (12 hours as opposed to 3 - although I accept some of that would have been a lack of familiarity with AP) but the fact that 1). I could not rely on not having missed out table rows where columns carried over to the next page, and 2). having to re jig a lot of the magazine when a late article was added near the front. I have written extensively about this since the beta days, but it seems your designers are still not listening to the pros. Now of course, if that is not your market, fine, your decision. But please put us out of our misery by publishing a road map so we can see if it is worth carrying on hoping .

On 4/3/2020 at 2:06 PM, captain_slocum said:

having to re jig a lot of the magazine when a late article was added near the front

I would be interested in what aspect or aspects of Publisher made this slower for you as compared to what you normally use. I ask not because I doubt what you say, but because it might help to name the problem area.