You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File sizes are too big for email use.

AS above, are there anyway that the file can be save or exported good enough for email use? I've tried compressing my files and exports on AD but they are still too big as an attchment on emails. How can i solve this problem. Thanks.

• Staff

Hi M4RCK3,

Depending on the image size you may have to resize them (besides compressing) to make the images manageable enough to send thought e-mail.

If you are dealing with images taken directly from your camera, then they are probably to big to send at their original sizes.

To resize an image in Affinity go to File ▹ Export..., select JPG for the format and set a new size (1280px should be enough if the images are to be seen on screen - set a bigger number if needed). Pick the High or Best quality Preset, select Lanczos for the Resample and press Export. 

You should be able to get an adequate sized image this way.

If you are using File > Export > EPS, click on the More button and make sure JPEG compression is enabled. The quality slider will let you trade file size against image quality. You can also enable down sampling in that panel. Have a look at what the presets for Print and Web do.