You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Darren Rose,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Have you enabled Import PSD text as text rather than bitmap and Import PSD smart objects where possible in the Preferences, General section?
If it still fails importing the PSD correctly do you mind attaching it/or share it with us? I can provide an upload link if you wish to keep the file private or if it's too big.

Hi, thanks for reply

Just tried that and same problem.  Could it be perhaps the person who supplied the PSD files to me as chosen not to export the layers or something?

Would prefer an upload link if you could check them out, but I do wonder if the problem is the person who supplied them as found another PSD file which opens and shows layers fine

• Staff

Hi Darren Rose,
Thanks for the files.
Both are being imported correctly for me with the exact same layers as in Photoshop except the clipping paths (Paths panel in Photoshop) which we currently don't support.

The Zulfidesain.psd file only has two layers labelled "background" and "group 3" (which is NOT an actual group in Photoshop but a flatten layer as displayed in Affinity Designer). This file also has a clipping path (Paths panel in Photoshop) which is we do NOT import/support.

The Profkarikatur.psd has nine layers - see screenshot below for reference (Affinity Designer on left/Photoshop on right) - all imported correctly. It also has a path in Paths panel (Photoshop) which we do not import/support.

Screenshot_layers.jpg

Is this what you are seeing when you open the files?