You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Should I change the color profile or start a new document?

Hello everyone, I created a document with a limited gamut profile and worked on it, then I think I should make another version with different profile, should I start over a new document so there won’t be loss in quality? If I copy the whole contents from the document with limited gamuts to the new document, will the content remain limited gamut or they will retain their original quality?

Extra, of both documents have same color profile, if I copy a image from one to other document, will it get converted twice and reduce the color quality?

I found that if I set convert I’m document color setup, all the vector color will change, if I use assign it won’t change but what does assign do?

• Staff

Hi Johnny Chin,

I would just make a copy of the file and then change the colour profile you shouldn't see much loss in quality. Assign should change colours as it is assigning a new profile to your document :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.