You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

about the RAW part

I want to share my questions with you :

I'm a fan of 32 bit linear development,   I accept and assume that I can only use certain linear modes, and only some  tool.

Typically
I start with the clarity tool,in conjunction with the detail tool Refinement
after
   I take care of the left edge of the histogram in interaction with the shadow slider
   Then
    I take care of the right edge of the histogram in interaction with the highlight slider
  No color correction here.

Conduct well,
at the end of this step on the screen, we get not so bad results the preview screen especially in borderline cases ETTR or overexpose!!

But after I click on develop  the quality drops! (stay always in 32 bit)

Sometimes muddy appearance, loss of precision.
As if the "compilation" had slipped in 16 bit internall, or use aggressive rounding.. or had attenuated the clarity tool too much , or some  parameter.
I take longtime for optimise, in vain... It's no always possible readjust in persona  with same efficient ( why ?)

During this phase you use a buffer  or a process by node ?
 well, there I suppose that you will not answer me,
said differently the order of the stages seems to matter, can you confirm?

Your developers should fairly easily resolve this.
Please can you answer me on this subject, give a feedback please.

On WIN10

Hi callum

very interesting exercice,

the differences are not constant and seems to depend on the intensity of the corrections

here for one  that of the clouds I largely exaggerated to see the effect.

Sometimes the difference is almost invisible ...
Always remained 32 bit linear, in any case the recovery capacity of Develop is quite incredible and little known does it seem to me

On the top In developp, below immediately in personna

Thanks

Max P

HD_.tiff LD.tiff

A live filter such as Detail Refinement in Develop Persona is deceptively exaggerated when the view zoom is less than 100% because the live filter is being applied to a reduced scale image, and so the filter's effect becomes relatively diminished in the flattened result where the filter has been destructively applied to a full scale image. To see the true effect of a live filter, zoom has to be 100% or greater.

Okay with this anon2 ,  understand   we have  a function  as   effect *  1 / zoom multiplicande...

but, is not my question

if i compare  the result full  screen before develop buton  (compilation equivalent , for me...) and

see immediately after in personna, differential effect, and the  color is litte different ( i made zero adjustement in color here, only in persona)