You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, 

im new to the forums so let me start if by saying hi to everyone!

My question is, I recently purchased the Sony 70-200 2.8 GM and noticed that the lens profile is not in affinity photo. I can see that the F4 version is however. Is this normal or yet to be added?

thanks in advance!👍

• Staff

Hi Stuieboy2000,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately this lens isn't currently supported in Affinity Photo by default, my apologies. We use the LensFun database for our lens correction and I've checked their latest release and your lens is not listed here - https://lensfun.github.io/lenslist/

This means you have 2 options, you can either wait for Lensfun to add support (which will then be merged into Affinity Photos latest update), or alternatively you can import custom lens profiles for any lens. However  the latter option requires an .xml lens profile file - which you can create manually or potentially find online through GitHub etc. I've linked a tutorial below for how to install these profiles, but the method used for downloading LensFuns database from Github is not required for you, due to the above information.

https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/330446061
https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/392420787

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

The Sony FE 70-200mm f2.8 has been added to the lensfun listing but it still doesn't appear as an option in the lens correction in affinity 1.8.5. 703, it may appear in the latest down load but that seems to cause more problems than it solves.

8 hours ago, Jim Coan said:

it may appear in the latest down load

It's in 1.9.2.1035 which has caused no problems for me at all, try it!

SonyZoom.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

7 hours ago, David in Яuislip said:

It's in 1.9.2.1035 which has caused no problems for me at all, try it!

SonyZoom.png

This lens has been available since 2016, surely its not too much to expect that it should be include in an update from 2020, I can only hope the FE200-600 has been included in this update as I don't fancy waiting another 4 years for it to make it into a future update.