You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues with add and subtract

I’m having a recurring issue when trying to subtract an overlapping shape from the object below. Every time I try it, the resulting new object is distorted. This is something I’ve not had issues with until now. Same thing is happening when I try to add multiple objects together. Examples attached.

Untitled.jpg

Untitledb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Matthew Daley,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, the 1.8 update has generated a number of support tickets.

I can see you've also posted in the bugs section about and this is an issue we are aware of and it's currently with the Dev team to resolve.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 6:49 PM, Matthew Daley said:

I’m having a recurring issue when trying to subtract an overlapping shape from the object below. Every time I try it, the resulting new object is distorted. This is something I’ve not had issues with until now. Same thing is happening when I try to add multiple objects together. Examples attached.

Untitled.jpg

Untitledb.jpg

Hello Matthew Daley. I have experienced this also and i found that at the intersections of the shapes at hand/in question,  ther must be nodes added and a chang to the curve must take place between the nodes so that the app will keep the correct shape after applying the "add" operation/ function.

I shared a video on my experience with this issue on expanded strokes.