You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I bought Affinity Photo a few days ago, 14th february at the Microsoft store. Every time I try to work a photo, I become a bluescreen. Photos are RAW, NEF. Nikon. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903 and RAM 16GB. What could be the problem? Is there something I have to change or adjust in the software? I am not very good in technical things and my english is limited, so please try to help me in an easy form if it's possible. Thank you!

• Staff

Hi panormo,

Welcome to the forums :)

The below FAQ covers this topic and offers a solution - this issue was caused by a Windows 10 update and downloading the latest version should resolve this for you -

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem at all, you've mentioned you're running version 1903 - however the latest release from Windows is 1909. If you open your Settings app and navigate to the Updates section, is there an update required here? You may need to 'scan for new updates' to see the latest version :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Now I have the 1909 version. then I scaned for new updates and it come only one for security. What can I do now? I taked some photos to test an lens but now the pc all NEF files can not read in other softwares like Photoshop elements, Silkypix. LR5

Edited by panormo

32 minutes ago, panormo said:

I taked some photos to test an lens but now the pc all NEF files can not read in other softwares like Photoshop elements, Silkypix. LR5

Are you saying that you cannot read NEF files in any software? It's not just a problem with Affinity Photo?

In that case it's clearly not an Affinity problem, but it would be good to get it solved. What is the exact error message you get with the blue screen failure?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I see only a gray symbol of  each photo. It was not possible to import the files. But, yesterday with the version 1903 I could see the NEF photos in all programs, only affinity make the bluescreen. It is a QR symbol and four Letters  and uncorrectable error. To read exactly I have to provoke one and take a picture with my smartphone.

IMG_20200220_172302.jpg

IMG_20200220_172315.jpg

Edited by panormo

• Staff
2 hours ago, panormo said:

I taked some photos to test an lens but now the pc all NEF files can not read in other softwares like Photoshop elements, Silkypix. LR5

This sounds like you default application has changed for opening this file type, meaning they'll automatically default to opening in Affinity. Not to worry however - as this can easily be resolved in Windows 10 settings. Please see the following link for more information -

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4028161/windows-10-change-default-programs

1 hour ago, panormo said:

only affinity make the bluescreen. It is a QR symbol and four Letters  and uncorrectable error. To read exactly I have to provoke one and take a picture with my smartphone.

My sincerest apologies, this is certainly different from the previous bluescreen reports we've had, so I need some more information to investigate this further.

At what point does the bluescreen occur? When Affinity is loading? When you try to open/create a new document?

I've searched for results using the error code shown in your screenshot and this appears to be related to a hardware error -

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4028662/windows-how-to-fix-wheauncorrectableerror

You can also find suggested steps here - https://www.channelpro.co.uk/advice/9911/how-to-fix-wheauncorrectableerror-in-windows-10

Please do let us know how you get on!

Please note -

Many thanks!

The bluescreen occur when I am working in a photo. I can open the NEF file, beginn to change some parameters  like contrast and so on, then after some changes ocurr but I can't say if it was a specifically change that produce de bluescreen. Thank you so much for your help!