You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Load from iCloud

I’ve noticed today when re-loading the original raw file from iCloud it loads a previously edited version instead. The unedited raw file is still there where I’m trying to load from but Affinity won’t do it. 

I have dated folders in a folder called photos on my iCloud Drive where I keep my Raw files. What am  I doing wrong?

Edited by Jakeblu

12 hours ago, DWright said:

Hi @Jakeblu,

Welcome to the forum

When you are reopening the RAW file are you using the Open from or Import from or are you tapping on the document from the welcome screen

Hi thanks for replying. I use the load from iCloud and go to the file that is in the folder on iCloud Drive. 

Edited by Jakeblu

On 2/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, DWright said:

On the load screen are you only seeing one version of your photo

I’m not sure what you mean. Perhaps if I explain my import workflow it might give a pointer to where I’m going wrong.

I attach the SD card and my portable hard drive to the iPad and copy the files from the card to a folder called photos in my iCloud Drive  This folder has sub- folders related to the date of the images  

I then copy those files to my portable hard drive as my originals back up copy  

Disconnect the hard drive and card  

I use open from iCloud to load the image I want to edit and let Affinity photo save it after I’ve finished by going back to the load screen. I can still see the unedited RAW files in my photos folder in iCloud Drive but if I reload from that location Affinity photos just loads the edited version  

This is happening with all my edited images  

Edit : OK scratch that. I seem to have rectified the problem. I’ve not actually been saving the images, I thought Affinity did that automatically. Once I physically save them I’m able to load the unedited RAWs  

Edited by Jakeblu