You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Morning guys  ...i've been using Photo (Designer & Publisher) for a year or so now & it's been fine but the past few days "Photo" it wouldn't close when i clicked the "x" & i had to right click & close window ...apart from that it worked ok!

I've used it already today once & it was fine, but now when i click to open it i get a circle spinning for a few seconds & then nothing at all  ...Photo won't open full stop!
Publisher & Designer are all ok

I am using Windows 10

Any ideas?

• Staff

Hi Gigatronix Pete,

Make sure Affinity Photo is closed and not running, worth checking task manager to see if the process is running and if it is, just end the process.

If you can then call up the Run Box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R and in the run box enter:
%appdata%\Affinity\Photo\

Then click okay.  You should see a folder called 1.0, please right click this and select Rename and call it Old Settings.  Once thats been renamed, try starting Affinity Photo again and let me know the results :) 

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Gigatronix Pete said:

I have done as you say & Photo now works again altho it seems to have been reset  ...it that correct?

That's correct, this would reset the app, however as we renamed the 1.0 folder, we still have all of your settings.  It will be something in that folder that was causing the issue.  Could you go back to
%appdata%\Affinity\Photo\

Zip up the Old Settings folder and upload it to our Dropbox here and i should be able to find out what's causing the problem and hopefully send you back a fixed zipped file :) 

• Staff

Thanks for uploading the zipped folder :)

Doesn't crash my Photo, which i would of expected as it was clearly something in that folder causing the issue.

I'll send you Private Message with a download link for a slightly tweaked version of your settings (there was a file in the auto-save folder that could possibly cause this).