You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo do not export and save

Chelssi

Hi,

I have last version with Catalina.

Sometime not always, after finish to edit a photo if want to export to jpg for example, normally after the window for selecting the format to export appear a window where you can select the folder where you want to save, this window doesn’t appear, doesn’t save anything and you can continue editing. If you try save as nothing happens.

if you close affinity photo, loosing all your work, and you open again and edit the same photo now export and save works fine.

Hi Chris,

After I select the format to export, the next window to select destination do not appear and the format window close and it doesn’t export anything.

“Save as” neither works.

I can continue editing.

If I restart affinity works everything again.

Normally I save in local folder desktop but The program doesn’t ask for the destination.

the problem is random, I can’t reproduce it.

Thanks,

Carlos

Same problem.  After processing about 5 images when try to export get error message that export failed.  When try to save work get do no have permission to save. Only way to recover is to close program and reopen.  Same image works fine and saves fine, but of course lost all previous edits.  Note this process repeats every 5 edits (approximately)   

by the way lastest version, latest OS. and 16 GB ram

• Staff
On 2/4/2020 at 2:13 PM, Chelssi said:

Normally I save in local folder desktop but The program doesn’t ask for the destination.

Are you working in Separated Mode? If so, I believe the Save As dialog can appear behind parts of the UI. Try leaving Separated Mode and see if it happens.

• Staff
9 hours ago, Ira0525 said:

Same problem.  After processing about 5 images when try to export get error message that export failed.  When try to save work get do no have permission to save. Only way to recover is to close program and reopen.  Same image works fine and saves fine, but of course lost all previous edits.  Note this process repeats every 5 edits (approximately)   

by the way lastest version, latest OS. and 16 GB ram

This sounds different to the OP. If you're getting permission issues or failed to save messages, we need to find out where you're saving to. 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Are you working in Separated Mode? If so, I believe the Save As dialog can appear behind parts of the UI. Try leaving Separated Mode and see if it happens.

No, separated mode is disabled. I try to export several times and always happens the same, I can select format to export every time but the next dialog box to save doesn’t appear. After I selected the format, the box close and I can continue editing but the work hasn’t exported, either I can’t save as.