You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD 1.7.3] Symbols: color property of few elements won't sync across all instances

F_Kal

This has been happening a lot with symbols - I've found an old thread that might be related (here).

1. I create a symbol so that I can place it on multiple artboards and test different compositions. I never turn symbol syncing off or detaching any instances.

2. Then I start changing the colors of certain elements inside the symbol.

3. At some point, a few of the symbol instances will stop syncing the color for some of their elements.All other properties of the very shapes sync just fine however. For other instances everything syncs, even the color!

In the following video sample I use the 1st instance to rotate an element (everything is one symbol) and change it's color. The 2nd instance updates fine on both properties. For the 3rd (buggy) instance only the rotation updates (and not the color).

Things started going awry after I duplicated the 3 colored elements inside the symbol, hid the originals and assigned global colors to them.

I'd be happy to email a sample corrupt file for debugging purposes.

cheers!

Might be the case, even though if I recall correctly the previous time I had the issue I wasn't using global colors at all, but I'm no longer 100% sure.

Anyway, I'm glad these are a known issue, I hope there is a fix soon, since global color and symbols are really useful!

Best regards,

- Fotis