You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like to see the following:

• The ability to import multiple images into one document whereby each image creates its own artboard
  • The ability to select images in multiple artboards and have them manipulated together, but in their own artboard. For example, 10 images in 10 artboards, selecting align all to middle aligns each image to the middle of its own artboard
  • Move backward/fwd/to front etc option for artboards.
  • Artboards numbered.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, bowen192 said:

The ability to import multiple images into one document whereby each image creates its own artboard

You can do that now, but it takes a manual step:

1. Place your images in the pasteboard of the document (not on an Artboard or in the canvas).
  2. Select the Artboard Tool, click on an image, then click the Insert Artboard button in the Context Toolbar. (The size should already be set to Selection, but if not, set it that way.)
1 hour ago, bowen192 said:

Artboards numbered.

I'm not sure I understand that. Artboards are automatically numbered when created, except in the case where you make a copy of an existing artboard.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Importing images

Good workaround, cheers, but it's still time consuming and I would still like to see the feature.

Numbering the artboards in the layers panel.

If you have multiple artboards they can be difficult to organise and AD isn't clever enough to do it in any order. If each artboard was labelled 1-to-whatever in the layers panel, it would be easier to locate and 10 times faster to organise.

1 minute ago, bowen192 said:

Numbering the artboards in the layers panel.

If you have multiple artboards they can be difficult to organise and AD isn't clever enough to do it in any order. If each artboard was labelled 1-to-whatever in the layers panel, it would be easier to locate and 10 times faster to organise.

So you're talking about a specific number before the artboard name in the layers panel, rather than as part of the artboard name?
I guess I'm still having a bit of trouble visualizing what you want, though it sounds interesting.

One question, though: Are you asking for something based on the artboard's location within the Layers panel, or based on its creation order (as we currently have)? One would change as the artboards are reordered in the Layers panel; the other wouldn't.

Neither would handle situations where you created 3 artboards, Artboard1, Artboard2, and Artboard3 horizontally across the workspace, then moved Artboard3 between 1 and 2.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1