You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I love the pano persona. I have successfully stitched vertical and horizontal panos when lightroom 6 has failed.

Is it possible to stitch images that aren't a classic pano? eg 8 images forming an overlapping 2x4 montage (is that the right term?). I could do it in two horizontal panos and try to stitch those together but it doesn't work too well and I was wondering about a bit manual adjustment such as when the images are taken manually?

Have you tried stitching a 2x4 montage? I have had success in the past with a montage of a room. For such montages it is important to have a good overlap between the images, both horizontally and vertically. Go for 35% or even 50%.

One area where this will fail is a landscape where the upper row is all (or mostly) sky. Clouds do not provide sharp enough edges for the alignment algorithm to work.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Patrick Bell said:

Does it matter what order I add the images?

Provided that the images are sufficiently distinct, and with sufficient overlap, then no it should not matter.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630