You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

macOS > dock icons multiple

Since some Beta versions (ca. since 1.8.x) the beta app dock icon appears not to work properly.

It starts working when a new beta was installed but after a few days it shows a  ?  on the icon and doesn't open the app again (though it still shows the recent item list on right click).

Then I drag the beta app for a new icon into the doc, which works but creates on click a further, third, icon at the end of the dock. Now a click on the manually dragged icon (most left in the screenshot) still appears to be linked to the app – but somehow also does not and forces an additional icon to appear. Both these icons are linked to the app when I cmd-click them.

Then I delete the manually dragged icon + set the newest created via right-click > options > keep in dock. It works for a few days ... then it starts as mentioned above.
I don't have at any time another then the current APub Beta version installed.

Is there any idea how to solve this dock icon issue?
(the APub Beta icon is the only app icon which behaves that way to me)

1907678311_betamultipledocicons.jpg.78dd4fc40463d6e347b95a6b68171a0c.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Are you installing the beta app into the Applications folder? When you download a new beta version, do you overwrite the old version?

- Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the beta app on your system.

- Manually remove all instances of the beta app from your dock.

- Open the beta app. If you want it to stay in the dock, right/command click on it and choose Options > Keep in Dock

Then see what happens.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.