You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Photos Export not reflecting Affinity edit after Catalina 10.15.2

rcasamino

I'll start by mentioning that I upgraded to Mac OS 10.15.2 yesterday from the previous OS (Mojave). I noticed today that when exporting a photo from Apple Photos, specifically one that I edited in Affinity last year before upgrading to Catalina, it does not reflect the edits I made. The original file was shot in RAW, I used "Edit in Affinity", saved and closed and it created the jpeg in Apple Photos. Before the upgrade, I've successfully exported to both jpeg and png, both with the changes I made in Affinity. 

What's odd is that the preview in Apple Photos shows my edit, but the export looks like a jpeg made from the RAW, with no edits. I'll say, I haven't made a ton of edits in affinity, but I spot checked others and all but two exported fine today. So what I'm saying is that not everything I've edited in Affinity is having this Photos export issue.

Any information would be helpful, as I don't know if there is a missing link after the update or what. I'm not sure if the issue lies with Apple or with Affinity, but I wanted to start here. After the update, I noticed the hierarchy in "Show Package Contents" for my Photos library is not something anyone can easily navigate, so I can't even locate the original or the preview file. 

Edited by rcasamino

• Staff

Hi rcasamino, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

This has been an ongoing issue for a while now and we attempted a fix in the current Affinity Photo beta. The fix has worked for a number of people but it seems some are still struggling with this. 

Please see this thread for more info. Apologies. 

Chris,

I’m not seeing my issue outlined in that thread. I’m aware that currently you can’t edit in Affinity and it save back to Apple Photos. My issue above is for things I successfully edited in Affinity when using Mojave. Going back to those same images now and exporting from Apple Photos, the jpeg does not reflect the preview shown in Apple Photos.