You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wish list to be able to fully use Publisher

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum. I have been using Adobe and Quark (and a few other softwares) for over 25 years now.
The prospect of switching to Affinity is great but there is still work to be done.

My list of problems:

1. Footnotes (I know, it has been mentioned before). 

2. select several elements by drawing over them… I can't draw a selection rectangle, I have to click everyone. Quite cumbersome.

3. An inserted page does not displace the other pages but instead replaces them. For example: if I insert a long text into a text box, automatically expand it to several pages and then add a picture page in between the new page will replace the page with the text box. The text of this page is gone. Either I made a mistake (can't find one) or that is simply unacceptable.

4. Elements constructed on the master pages can't be deleted on later pages in the layout… nor can they be altered (color, etc.) Why? What's the point if I can' t alter them the way I need them.

5. Although I know it is done via RIP, is there the possibility to adjust trapping?

And please make it easier to export files. Like a quick button I can put in the top bar or something. It is cumbersome to go through the menu or to use four fingers for a shortcut. 

It would be especially nice to have the favorite format as a button in the bar.

Oh – and one more thing: your color picker is broken. In one instance I can go from input to input via the tab, in other instances it jumps to the next adjustable thing (usually a handle etc.).
That is most annoying. The tab should jump from input field to input field… always, everywhere.

And at last but by no means least: why can't I duplicate things with command+d? Is there a logical reason behind it?

Otherwise it is a great start! Can't wait to use it full time!

Greetings

H.

9 hours ago, Gaunilo said:

2. select several elements by drawing over them… I can't draw a selection rectangle, I have to click everyone. Quite cumbersome.

Preferences -> Tools -> Select object when intersects with selection marquee

9 hours ago, Gaunilo said:

4. Elements constructed on the master pages can't be deleted on later pages in the layout… nor can they be altered (color, etc.) Why? What's the point if I can' t alter them the way I need them.

Go to the layout page, where you want to change the master. Click on Layers panel on your master. Top left there is a button Detached. Click it, make your changes and afterwards hit the Finish button.

It is cumbersome to go through the menu or to use four fingers for a shortcut.

You can remap the shortcut. I mapped it to CTRL+E (Windows) like in Indesign.

10 hours ago, Gaunilo said:

And at last but by no means least: why can't I duplicate things with command+d? Is there a logical reason behind it?

Menu Edit -> Duplicate Selection or CTRL-J (Windows) and you can remap that too.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed