You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A4 GREETING CARDS ON AFFINITY

Hi  , 

I am new to affinity publisher,  I have designer , publisher and photo but I am really struggling with the set up.

I want to be able to have the 4 pages on my screen so I can flip back and forth like on Microsoft Publisher if possible. 

Basically I want to design an A4 standard greeting card that I can fold in half once .

All the tutorials show me how to set up for a quad fold card.

Also , how do I double side print on affinity publisher. Can somebody please send me template that is pre setup or give me an easy step by step. I am so used to photoshop and new to Affinity 

Thank You :)

I would have thought the printer software would deal with duplex printing, either automatically; pulling the sheet back in once printed on one side or manually; asking how you want to flip the page and telling you when to do so.

How do you want the card to open? Folded edge vertical like book style, or folded edge at the top?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

hi ,

thankyou for your reply ,

Its not the print so much I am concerned about. I just cannot fathom out how to set the pages up so I can print accordingly.

I would like them to open vertically, like a book.

so on the display , I would like all 4 pages of the card to show at once and then I can switch between pages if that makes sense.

A4 in landscape mode with a vertical guide indicating the fold, maybe something along these settings.

1206917720_ScreenShot2020-01-06at18_18_57.png.9a07e842f570af7e1b7df10e04f1324c.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Try this out: A4 sheet to A5 card.afpub

1123921174_ScreenShot2020-01-06at18_30_02.thumb.png.2c21cd0f26429b52a3dcfe3cf8402968.png

It's overall easy to setup specific page layouts and make your own templates for these. - For the greeting card just follow firstdefence advice and template, in order to have a view of all at once. For common home printing take a look for example here, even that guy used Word it's pretty much the same when printing from an Affinity product, since the OS related accessed printer driver is the main instance for printer settings here ...

For business card creation among Youtube videos etc. take a look here ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

thankyou , 

now I have tried all day and night to set up a page view for a 7 x 10 paper and when folded it is a 5 x 7 greeting card. 

I have the pre folded paper all ready to print on but I cant set up a page layout like the A4 one you sent me.

how do I get a 7 x 10 layout with all the pages shown together so I can just print double sided?

See the available document setup settings, namely ...

The dialog is split into separate tabs which let you customise your current preset or apply more advanced settings.

• For Layout:
    • Facing pages—Check to arrange the document pages in spreads.
    • Arrange—Specify whether the spread should be arranged horizontally or vertically. For facing page spreads only.
    • Start on—Specify where the spread should start. For facing page spreads only.

docsettings.jpg.fc4ba3caef59ba04297e435449b9e6ed.jpg

So you have under "Layout" to check the checkmark box for facing pages and then setup if horizontally or vertically spread.

2 hours ago, rochellemc said:

...so I can just print double sided? 

That has nothing to do with printing double sided per se, just how things are shown up then. - Double sided printing (as far as your printer supports this directly and thus reverses paper automatically) is a matter of the printer driver setting. In other words, the printer driver when setup accordingly for double sided printing, gets the pages from the software and then instructs the printer to reverse the paper accordingly for the even number of pages. For printers without direct automatic double sided printing capabilities one would have to reverse pages manually then. - The whole double sided printing process is usually controlled and setup by the printer driver.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

• 1 year later...

Hi, could you share us your methodology/result please?

I cannot go visiting my parents (because of covid) and I would like to send them a greeting card.

I've looked for a cool greeting card on the web...they are ok, but not wow imo. I think this is the best I have found: https://www.leavingcard.com/gb but once again using an exiting one could be a bit impersonal...so I decided to try to create a unique card myself...it would have a better value for them. So I am trying to learn.

It would be of help if you could share your insights.

Thanks

• 10 months later...
21 minutes ago, webuxer said:

I'm using Affinity Designer. Any idea how I can do this? 

Use Artboards for Designer, aka for the front and back sides etc.

After looking into this, I would like to create a 7x5 (landscape) the front will have the artwork the back of the front will have some text etc. I'm sharing a video of how I would like to lay it out. I need some assistance on how to format the project in AD. Would it be possible for someone to provide me a template? reason been is that I don't know how to layout and arrange the 4 sides in AD. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1flUOLD7INcl3Sl9C0K-dwJT5Vj2DbJeX/view?usp=sharing