You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when zooming in

focusp

Affinity Designer is crashing every time I try to zoom in. I have captured a screen video that show that I just open the document and zoom in using Ctrl-Mouse wheel (or using the zoom tool) and it crashes. I am running Windows 10 version 1903 and Designer 1.7.3.481. I have attached the design file too. I am loading it from a local file that is in Dropbox and the linked files are local too. I tried turning off the 'Show' items as you suggested to Potzo and that did not stop the crashes.Any other suggestions please?

Model_Railway_wiring_diagram_with_switches.afdesign

• Staff

Hi focusp,

Unfortunately your file isn't opening for me - it seems as though it didn't successfully upload. Are you able to try uploading it again and letting me know what the file size I should be expecting? The one I downloaded was 25.1MB and Affinity reports the file size is smaller than expected when trying to open it.

Thanks!

Sean P I have tried uploading the afdesign file again and it shows the correct file size as it uploads (45MB) and the upload completes successfully. But once uploaded the file size then shows as 25.94MB in this forum and if I download it from here and try to open it then Designer says it is truncated. So there seems to be a problem with uploading files to this forum. Is there another way I can get the file to you please?

Model_Railway_wiring_diagram_with_switches.afdesign

I have just tried this document in the Beta version of Designer and it does not crash on zooming.

Edited by focusp
Tried the Beta

• Staff

Hi focusp,

We can always give you a private upload link if the upload fails, however by the sounds of it, it has been fixed along the way in the latest beta so there is no need to now! Thanks for letting us know and checking in the beta!