You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to open Beta

A week or so ago I moved purchased Designer (from the AppStore) and Photo Beta to a new user on the same machine where they were already installed. Since the original old user preferences and config were in the old user directory they both started up as if first time after install. No problems - I imported some saved palettes etc. from the old user and all worked fine. On release day I installed the purchased Photo from the AppStore. So I now have both purchased apps running.

I then downloaded the Designer Beta into the new user. On start up I got the message "A purchased copy of Affinity Designer must be installed to use this beta" .......... which it is. I presumed that the beta was looking for some library file that showed proof of purchase which was now "widowed" in the old user. So I uninstalled Designer and Designer beta using an uninstaller (CleanApp) to remove as many as I could of the ancillary library files as well and pave the way for a clean install into the new user.

I then installed Designer again from the AppStore this time directly into the new user and ran it to get it to create any support files that it may do on its first start up. I then installed Designer Beta the same way. No go! I still get the message that I need a purchased copy. 

So to recap:

Purchased Designer and Photo are both installed directly from AppStore into New user.

Original purchase and previous Designer install was to old user.

Designer Beta cannot find whatever it needs to establish presence of Designer Purchase.  :huh:

Any ideas please ?

David Mac

• Staff

Not sure what your current problem is but the Affinity Designer in the App Store is the newest build we have so no need to run the beta.

It's likely the beta isn't expecting a newer version in the App Store so doesn't recognise it. When we release the next beta of Designer or Photo and you still have problems then let us know. 

Not sure what your current problem is but the Affinity Designer in the App Store is the newest build we have so no need to run the beta.

It's likely the beta isn't expecting a newer version in the App Store so doesn't recognise it. When we release the next beta of Designer or Photo and you still have problems then let us know. 

You guys update so fast I can't keep up!

OK. Thanks. Will erase the beta.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.