You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

523: hide and seek disappeared line

To frame, I don't know if this is related to Losing Scroll-ability or might be an always possible artifact of a graphics driver, but this time I have pictures, and you can try for yourselves.

1. Have a pair of linked pages, with orphans/widows/para together set, and two paragraphs on either side of the resulting automatic page break. With two sentences in the second-page paragraph, all arranged as in the before-edit.png attached.
  2. Now split the second-page paragraph, by typing a return between the two sentences. Then you have lost the first sentence, though there's a clue to where it is because I haven't yet added the  formulation of 'Ok' as allowable spelling. See this in line-gone.png attached.
  3. Finally, click in the initial page. Pop -- the sentence shows correctly. As in click-and-back.png

As far as many other applications show, I don't seem to have a problem with my display driver.

To get this fault sequence to play properly, you'll probably have to adjust until you get the text vs. text block boundary appropriate so there's room for the one line, but not the two-llne paragraph on the first page.  This is easily done by moving the bottom of the block.

Cheers on your own holidays --- I was working on instructions for a gift, which with Publisher came out nicely...

p.s. image handling in this forum seems a bit impossible. I put these in order here and with introductory lines here, since the forum wouldn't let me control order, nor did it print names/captions. But still there's another copy of each, lurking out-of-order, beneath these initially. And I can't even control spacing. So don't get confused - it's all in these three screen captures...

1. Initial state image: before-edit.png

364250689_1-before-edit.png.628b6f71f1c9fbff1cdb1cc747fa1dea.png

2. After splitting second-page para with a return, mostly invisible sentence:  line-gone.png

7347370_2-line-gone.png.11230eaa199038eb9ad1c5cb7c787769.png

3. After clicking on first page, sentence appears there: click-and-back.png

1640373915_3-click-and-back.png.7eae835a2f104e919c14880ff0a4bb5f.png

Everything below here is just duplication by the forum software, of the three in-line inserted images...

more text just to split...

more text just to split...

more text just to split...

2 - line-gone.png

3- click-and-back.png

1 - before-edit.png

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Sorry.

Thank you for reporting a problem using the pre 1.8.0 beta builds. It appears that a member of the Affinity QA team didn't get round to fully investigating this specific report posted in the bugs forums. We are very sorry for this oversight. Yours is one of a number of reports that I am posting this apology to, using an automated script. 

Now we have released 1.8.3 on all platforms containing many hundreds of bug fixes, and we hope your problem has already been fully addressed. If you still have this problem in the 1.8.3 release build, then the QA team would really appreciate you reporting again it in the relevant Bugs forum.

Each of those links above contains instructions how best to report a bug to us. If that is what you already did in this thread just copy paste your original report into a new thread. We appreciate all the information that you have including sample files and screen shots to help us replicate your problem.

This thread has now been locked as the QA team are not following the threads to which this automatic reply is made, which is why we would appreciate a new bug report if you are still have this problem in the release build.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon