You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You don’t need to convert the text to curves to achieve what CPC suggested. Just set the fill and stroke colours as appropriate.
Also, if you are using Designer, you can create a Symbol from the text and duplicate the symbol which can then be edited en masse (see attached GIF).
However, the text in the original poster has had some extra stuff done to it so that the ‘echoes’ aren’t totally visible behind the foreground text. To replicate that you will have to do a bit more work but some simple black shapes in the right place will probably suffice (see attached image).

symbolic-text.gif

Annotation 2019-12-13 095729.png

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

In addition to the example above, here’s another one, this time with a non-uniform background.
It took a lot longer to do and, unfortunately, isn’t editable as text anymore.

Annotation 2019-12-13 124439.png

Thanks For the info. I have only got Affinity photo atm. I am only going to add some text to the poster for a Xmas present as i have bought some tickets. But you get these online tickets now days that don’t look very good! 

AHarris

Using Mac with Affinity Photo & Publisher

https://www.instagram.com/awharrisphotos/

20 hours ago, GarryP said:

You don’t need to convert the text to curves to achieve what CPC suggested.

Well, learn something every day! Thanks for that; and for alerting me to 'Symbols'. I suppose much more is made clear if one carefully watches all the tutorial videos but my mind best absorbs what fits with current projects.

AHARRIS22: All of the examples I gave – apart from the use of Symbols – should be possible with Photo alone.

CPC: You’re welcome. As you say, watching a tutorial on how to do something is one thing, remembering how to do it (or that it even exists), when you need it, is another thing altogether.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, GarryP said:

You don’t need to convert the text to curves to achieve what CPC suggested. Just set the fill and stroke colours as appropriate.
Also, if you are using Designer, you can create a Symbol from the text and duplicate the symbol which can then be edited en masse (see attached GIF).
However, the text in the original poster has had some extra stuff done to it so that the ‘echoes’ aren’t totally visible behind the foreground text. To replicate that you will have to do a bit more work but some simple black shapes in the right place will probably suffice (see attached image).

Hi Garry, thanks for that, but it drives me crazy :/ How do you achieve to change the characters including the echos?? For me it doesn't work.

In my example with the black background all I did was add some black shapes between the foreground layers and the ‘echo’ layers.
In my example with the non-uniform background I converted the text to curves and manually broke the curves that make up the ‘echoes’ into sections using the Node tool so I could remove the parts of the letters I didn’t want. Lots more work than the previous way.
I’ve attached the (quite messy) example document for the black background version (text is in Cocogoose so it might not show nicely if you don’t have that font).
I don’t know where my other document has gone but it was just a bunch of curves so not much to see there anyway.

circular-sound.afdesign