billgatto

Close Affinity program without message

I have purchased Affinity programs since they were made available, so all licensed, I have a problem for about a day, when I open any Affinity application and try to open a project or create a new one, the program closes without any error message. I also uninstalled all the programs (Designer, Photo and Publisher) and I reinstalled them but it always closes for no reason. I would like to know what I can control or modify. Thank you

Mac or Windows, and which OS version?

Any recent changes to your computer (new programs installed, system updates, etc.)?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.531 Beta

Sorry, it is installed in a PC with windows 10, until the other day I worked without problems, now the program opens, but when I create a new project I try to open another one after a few seconds closes without any message or warning. I have not installed any program, I have only started the program Meshroom 2018.1.0 but in portable version.

3 hours ago, billgatto said:

I solved it, it was a setting of the nvidia graphics card. I disabled it and now it all works.

Good work figuring it out. Which setting was it? That may help other users, or help Serif to improve their products.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.531 Beta

In the control panel of the Nvidia card I had set the use of the high performance video card for the 3d from any program. Since then, the Affinity programs have not worked anymore. Now I have set to automatic selection and everything is back as before.

Annotazione 2019-12-04 165448.png