You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Importing text style sheets is very buggy

big smile

Two issues:

Issue 1: Size changes when importing style sheets

I have a document that has the text style sheets set up exactly as I want them. (See attached SOURCE):

This is how my text looks:

160861174_ScreenShot2019-11-20at09_32_49.jpg.8ded6ed3e5e41ea0ecea378ec6634865.jpg

I now import my style sheets into another document (See attached DESTINATION.afpub):

Everything imports, but the font size/line size change and become ridiculous large:

1924725433_ScreenShot2019-11-20at09_33_59.jpg.58ccd5a43dcf0891cc0fb3160c9c4a6d.jpg

Issue 2 Duplicate styles:

In addition, if I copy text between two documents that have style sheets, the styles sheets are duplicated with 1 added to them.

E.g.

Heading 3 becomes Heading 3 1

CTA body becomes CTA Body 1

SOURCE.afpub

DESTINATION.afpub

50 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Hi @big smile,

How did you import the text styles? I see the ones in your "Destination" are wrong, but I cannot replicate this from scratch. Every time I import them, they are fine 

Hi

I clicked on the Text Styles studio panel and then clicked on the little menu icon and then on "Import Styles..."

It seems hit and miss. On some documents it imports fine. But on others, such as the one I attached, it goes screwy. If you open DESTINATION.afpub, delete all styles and then import them from source, they seem to go screwy. 

Thanks for your help!

• 9 months later...
On 11/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, big smile said:

Hi

I clicked on the Text Styles studio panel and then clicked on the little menu icon and then on "Import Styles..."

It seems hit and miss. On some documents it imports fine. But on others, such as the one I attached, it goes screwy. If you open DESTINATION.afpub, delete all styles and then import them from source, they seem to go screwy. 

Thanks for your help!

a little bit late:) May be for others... Probably your documents have different DPI resolutions.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-09-10 o 22.14.41.png