You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to save document

Hey!

I got this message whenever trying to save this file (it's a file from last year which I am trying to update):

IMG_20191115_082015.thumb.jpg.050add11759784c07f51ab8d9e835514.jpg

And cannot save this file. Only export to PDF works.

Tried to open the original file without edits again, edit and save it in APub as well. Same problem.

So I do what the message is asking for — report this to development team through this message.

I cannot provide the file as I cannot save it after the edit. The original file without edits can be opened but yeah without being able to save changes it's hard to use it anymore.

All the best, Chris

PS: I went through a PDF back to an Affinity file as a work around.

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

And sometimes the question looks like this:

15738039530272789319100867904496.thumb.jpg.c94d6992a9633ccc57e7dbcc63e055d6.jpg

But also don't work (save to a new file).

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Chris,

Would you be able to share the file with us please so we can look into it. Are you also able to give us some information on the life cycle of the file and how it was stored (was it a cloud drive, if so which?).

Thanks

Hey!

I can provide the original file (althoug is huge; is there private space where I can upload it to?) but that one works without a problem. It's originally a APub file and as I encountered the problems now in APub with it, I switched to AD. In both cases there is the same behavior: Only after editing and placing new items it gets corrupted. Haven't figured out what causes this. So I am afraid you won't be able to see what's wrong as long as you don't do similar edits which results in this messages.

The file is stored only on a local file server (as all files) are. No cloud drive involved.

Chris

• Staff
1 hour ago, ChrisSmere said:

Hey!

I can provide the original file (althoug is huge; is there private space where I can upload it to?) but that one works without a problem. It's originally a APub file and as I encountered the problems now in APub with it, I switched to AD. In both cases there is the same behavior: Only after editing and placing new items it gets corrupted. Haven't figured out what causes this. So I am afraid you won't be able to see what's wrong as long as you don't do similar edits which results in this messages.

The file is stored only on a local file server (as all files) are. No cloud drive involved.

Chris

That's not a problem if you don't mind uploading a large file? I've created a Dropbox link to our Internal Dropbox to allow you to pass the file over:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/JHtdn9IhBPNvjPl3khG0

Would you be able to just give a few steps on what you're doing once you open the file to make it refuse to save? Unless I've misunderstood and this is something you've not been able to reproduce since?

22 hours ago, Sean P said:

That's not a problem if you don't mind uploading a large file? I've created a Dropbox link to our Internal Dropbox to allow you to pass the file over:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/JHtdn9IhBPNvjPl3khG0

Would you be able to just give a few steps on what you're doing once you open the file to make it refuse to save? Unless I've misunderstood and this is something you've not been able to reproduce since?

Will send it on Monday when have access to the file again.

And I will try to write the steps what I have done to make it corrupted. I reproduced this quite some times in APub and AD actually.

Thanks so far!

Chris

Finally got to upload it.

Steps I do with it:

1) Changing the fonts (all to Tahoma).

2) Placing some AD files (logos) in it - and also edit this then embedded AD files within APub.

3) Updating the texts and dates.

That's it. Maybe is something to do with placing AD files in it?

Hope the files helps you!

Chris