I'm using Publisher to build a 180-page book with a lot of photographs.  When I try to export it as PDF, it warns me that there are some text boxes with overflow.

It would be very nice if it could point me to where the text box(es) is/are - it must know.  Just a page number would be a big help.  It gets very slow trawling trough this document, and I am having instability problems too.

Yes, this is something that has been commented on numerous times on the forum and it does need to be fixed.

In the meantime, make sure that Show Text Flow is enabled and zoom out so you can see entire pages.  Scroll through and you should be able to spot the red dots on the overflowing frames.

Zooming way-way out makes the page thumbnails very tiny, but the red dots very apparent.

I sometimes put "holding pages" of text blocks and photos at the end of a document-in-progress, and these sometimes create the "overflow" error message in an otherwise perfect document — something to be mindful of if you have a similar practice.

2019-10-23_08-25-03.jpeg