You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP] Refine selection foreground/background issue

Well, actually it is not the poor primary selection that bothers me too much here since this is something highly dependent of contrast. Low contrast, poor selection, fair enough. I mentioned this in my original post.

What is really annoying is the fact that once you are in refining mode, you cannot improve a poor selection by precisely determining particular foreground/background areas. It is impossible because AP tries to intelligently decide where you might want the fg/bg border to be. Little hint: it is exactly where it was painted! So any selection "improved" by fg/bg brushing will inevitably be worse than before because fg/bg bleeeding is created that cannot be corrected without new bleeding. Just take the image from the original post an try it yourself.

It is sad that there was no improvement whatsoever in "Refine selection", the behaviour has not changed at all, even this bug still exists.