You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Edit Extensions in macOS Catalina 10.15 Photo

8 hours ago, vincenthird said:

Please let us know if there is ...... any available workaround.

Hi vincenthird, there are several workarounds that work for some but there doesn’t seem to any one single fix-all solution. I suggest search through some of the threads on Affinity and Apple Photos here and in the bug forums and look for workarounds that relate to your work flow. Some have had success with Edit with Affinity Photo instead of Edit in ...., others have used an older but still workable app External Editors for Photos (it only costs a dollar or two), still others use variations on exporting the edits and saving back to Apple and so on and so on. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, MEB said:

Hi Cecil,
I don't have an internal Beta either yet. I do hope it doesn't take much time but i don't have an eta, sorry. 

this problem off Affinity Photo not being able to export to Catalina, I too had this problem in late 2019 however I was given a link to Affinity Beta which seem to solve the problem, then Affinity did an upgrade and was able to use the original Affinity. However an upgrade to Catalina was activated a couple of days ago and now cannot use Affinity again with the same message appearing as last time. Are Affinity doing something about this and will it be fixed for Affinity users quickly?