Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HenrikM

  1. Looks very impressive. Nice to learn a little bit about something outside my own experience with photography.
  2. Some time ago I decided to try my hand at doing some nudes. It was pretty much the only genre of photography and illustration that I had not dabbled in...at least not very much. One of the things I did was a mini series in the Cavewoman sub-genre of the Lost World sub-genre of Science-Fiction. I customized a base 3D mesh to create Kyla, a Cavewoman style character, and then I proceeded to put her in varous dangerous situations, which she handled extremely competently. Most of the Kyla pictures are on ArtStation. I used a combination of Affinity Photo, Daz Studio, and Dynamic Auto-Painter to create them. Before you click the link, please note that there is an absence of wardrobe that some people might find disturbing. While the pictures are nudes, and the style is deliberately reminiscent of Frank Frazetta, Boris Vallejo, and Julie Bell, I did what I could to avoid objectification. I do hope I succeeded. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/l2vwk Oh, and note that the last picture is a 360 degree panorama. I really appreciate Affinity Photo's ability to handle panorama pictures.
  3. Thanks! Yes, the second one is my favorite too.
  4. This is a composite done in Affinity Photo. The city is a 3D model rendered in Daz Studio. I photographed the elephant in the Gothenburg museum of natural history.
  5. I agree. A couple of years ago, a few of my friends and I created a graphic novel, A Rift in Time. We are photographers, so we photographed all the backgrounds and the live action, then composited in everything we could not shoot live, like dinosaurs. We used toy dinosaurs. We had a choice between making the dinosaurs look realistic, which was possible but required an enormous amount of work, or to make everything else look less realistic. We went the latter route, and made fairly simple composites, which we then converted so they looked like drawings using Comic Life. Now, we are working on a new story, and the plan is to render as much as possible using Daz Studio, composite in Affinity Photo, convert to paintings in Dynamic Auto-Painter, and do the layout in Affinity Publisher...if the final version is as good as we hope it will be. We are testing the beta right now.
  6. Looks very good. The artwork matches the pulp paperback style very well. I use a similar technique, but I often go for more of an 80's book cover look. I usually shoot backgrounds first. Then I render 3D elements with Daz Studio, and combine with the background photos in Affinity Photo. Finally, I use Dynamic Auto-Painter to convert to a painted image. I have done the paint conversion in Affinity Photo a couple of times, with the paint mixer tool. Takes a lot of time, but works very well.
  7. Elinor meets a T-Rex. I photographed the model Noor Model Noor in an old factory in Gothenburg, rendered the T-Rex in Daz Studio, and composited in Affinity Photo. A fun shoot with a very professional model, and, as always, a lot of fun to do the composite in Affinity Photo.
  8. I often use Affinity Photo in combination with other software, like Daz Studio and Dynamic Auto-Painter. Arachnophobia I was fairly easy to do. I shot the background at the Primus Vicus medieval village outside Halmstad, in Sweden. Then I rendered the spider and the viking shieldmaiden in Daz Studio, and composited using Affinity Photo. Arachnophobia II was done in a similar manner. The main difference is that I had help from two live models, Petra Brewitz and Peter Markusson. The castle in the background of the final image is Borgholm castle on Ă–land. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
  9. Textured brush style for picture frames and callouts are a must have when creating comic page layouts. I am working on a graphic novel project right now. It would be nice to be able to move it to Affinity Publisher. A big plus for having callouts that retain their style when adding text to them. In Designer, callouts get converted to text frames that cannot retain style attributes, and this is a pretty big drawback. I am happy to see that Affinity Publisher is taking callouts in the right direction. Add the textured brush support from Designer to Publisher, and add the ability to retain styles from Publisher to Designer, and callouts will work very well in both programs.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.