You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.3] Crashes when formatting table (Autofit Row to Contents) and menu is missing when reopened

Using 1.7.3, macOS Mojave 10.14.6.
Working on a table in a new document.
I try to format the table with the little drop-down arrow and select "Autofit Row to fit Contents" with the row(s)/column(s) selected and the program abruptly crashes (screenshot).
When the program reopens, the top tool bar is missing (screenshot). Unchecking "Separated Mode" or resetting the studio does not fix the top tool bar being missing. The only solution that I found to work was completely wiping the program and all config files off the computer and reinstalling fresh [edit: I have to wipe it off and reinstall it twice for some reason to get the top tool bar back]. 
I do have a Wacom Intuos tablet plugged in, a 3rd party keyboard, a logitech mouse, and use a second monitor, but do not run the program on the second monitor, which is mostly used to keep a web browser up and other programs.
This is the first time I've attempted to create a table or even used Publisher extensively, we're transitioning over from InDesign. The pdf opened alongside the fresh document I am using as a reference for object placement.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 1.20.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.07.02 AM.png

Edited by warzmanda
Added detail about reinstall.

• Staff

Hi @warzmanda,

We are aware of the crash, thanks for ensuring it got reported.

The UI being a bit broken on re-open is odd, does this only happen after the program crashes? 

If you hold down control whilst running the program it should offer it reset the program, does this restore it?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hello, Jon.

As far as I could tell, yes, it was only after the program crashed. I can't try replicating it again until Monday US Central Time to test it again, as it's a work computer and I don't have a mac at home.

I did attempt to hold control when reopening the program, but for some reason (probably end user error) I wasn't able to get it to do its thing. At that point I needed to continue working that project, so in the moment it was less hassle to delete the program's config files manually. I would like to know how to properly use the control button to reset the program so if I break the UI again Monday I can see if holding control to reset would fix it - I'm not mac illiterate, but the work computer is the only mac in my life at the moment, and all my personal machines run either Windows or Linux haha.