You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm having difficulty selecting text in a few frames of my Affinity Publisher document. I can only select text in these frames by opening the layers panel and double clicking the layer containing the text. I suspect I have more than one text frame in the corresponding master page when this occurs, but I am unable to find and delete any extra text frames.

Also, some layers in my layers panel are marked with a solid orange bar ("A" in the screenshot), while other layers are marked with a broken orange bar ("B"). What does this difference signify?

layers.png

Update: I discovered a simple way to fix this issue. The problem apparently is that a master has been applied to a page more than once. This can be fixed by selecting the offending page(s) in the pages panel on the left and then clicking Clear masters. You follow this by applying the appropriate master. You may then have to link text frames again to restore your text.

I wrote this before I saw your update but still posting it as there is other information in my reply:

A solid Orange bar indicates that that object is in perfect synchronization with the object on the Master page and thus any changes made tp the Master Page object will be reflected on any normal pages that have that Master Page attached.

The "broken" Orange bar indicates that some (not necessarily all) attributes of the layer have been unlinked from the Master Page object.  For example, this could be the text inside the object or the text frame's position on the page.

Your layers panel looks a little odd, in respect that you may have applied the same Master Page twice to your normal page(s) which is normally not something you would want to do. Also, you have 10 text frames on your Master Page, which could be what you intended but is still rather strange.

I would suggest you upload your Publisher document to this forum so we can see what is happening and advise further. It's possible you are not using the Master page(s) in the way they were designed to be used and if that is the case you may encounter further problems later on. 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.