Kal

Selecting and moving a combination of curves and geometric shapes with the node tool

I want to grab a bunch of objects, and move them as a group. This is easy with the Move Tool, but I need to use the Node Tool, because I need to snap a node on one of these objects (a curve) to another node in the artwork. These are the steps I'm trying:

1. Select all the objects (a combination of curves and geometric shapes).
  2. Drag a marquee selection around all the selected objects. (I'd expect at this point, to see all the nodes/dots on all the objects to be filled, but the geometric shapes still have unfilled dots.)
  3. Click and drag on a selected node. (Only the curves move, not the geometric shapes.)

The Node Tool works for selecting and moving normal curves, and it works for selecting and moving geometric shapes—just um, not at the same time. I'd call this a bug, but I’m posting it as a feature request to preempt being told that it’s the expected behaviour.

PS. As a side-note, If you select a geometric shape, then drag a selection marquee around it multiple times, it alternatively deselects and selects it completely, indicating that there is some kind of invisible selection at work. If you then try the same on a normal curve, it does a funky double take, and the marquee vanishes. It's all a bit weird.