Sign in to follow this  
Canjo

CPU usage when batch processing

I couldn't find any config to set how much of the CPU affinity photo is allowed to use. When i batch process, all the CPU resources are taken by the software making the computer unusable, the only fix i could find was changing the affinity setting for the process, disabling a couple cores so they could be used for other tasks. If i don't do this i can't even move the mouse cursor smoothly from how much CPU affinity photo is hogging. I don't have a suggestion for how to deal with this but i would like to see something less kludgy than ctrl+shift+esc->go to details->set affinity

In the meantime, you do have the option in the Affinity Photo batch job dialog of disabling parallel processing. That should limit the CPU usage to whatever is needed for handling one image at a time.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

i'll try this option and see if there's a substancial difference in the time it takes to process the batch job