You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am new - vector image does not look like stock photo I ordered

Hello,

I am a newbie to all things graphic design so please be patient!

I purchased a vector image (report cover) from Shutter Stock.  I want to remove the sample text and basically keep the image and colors the same.  Then I want to add my text.

When I upload the vector image on Affinity, the picture looks so weird.  The colors are completely off and it is kind of broken up into sections. 

Attached are two files.

1.  Original picture purchased.

2.  What the picture looks like on Affinity.

How can I make this look like the original picture without the text?  I figured out how to remove the text.  So how do I make it "go back to normal"?

Thanks so much!

• Staff

Hi Squeakyboo and welcome to the forums.

I've just had to log this for the Dev team to take a look at, not only is it losing colour but also something has happened to one of the curved lines as well.

If one of the Dev guys doesn't update here, i will be sure to once we know more about what is happening.

I've also edited your post and removed the files, seeing as the EPS file is paid-for content from ShutterStock.

• Staff

Hi squeakyboo,

I've just had a quick look at this. The problem is because we try to detect whether the file was meant to be in RGB or CMYK colour space and read it as appropriate - and because we incorrectly guess it was supposed to be CMYK (which it isn't) the colours become very mangled. You can get around this for the moment very easily. Just open the EPS file in the 'Preview' application and then hit 'File'->'Save...' and give it a new name - it will save this file as a PDF that does have colorspace information in it. Now just open the newly created PDF instead and the file will look perfect :)

I'll obviously flag this to be fixed in the future...

Incidentally, this file doesn't open for me in either Sketch 2 or 3 - it just crashes, so I don't know how you got it to open, Gareth ;)

Thanks,

Matt

• Staff

Incidentally, this file doesn't open for me in either Sketch 2 or 3 - it just crashes, so I don't know how you got it to open, Gareth ;)

Hi Matt,

I did have it open in Sketch 3, Leigh is my witness to that :)  However, just tried now to reopen it and got a crash....

Cheers for the heads up on the PDF work around, I'll remember that for future issues.

Hi squeakyboo,

I've just had a quick look at this. The problem is because we try to detect whether the file was meant to be in RGB or CMYK colour space and read it as appropriate - and because we incorrectly guess it was supposed to be CMYK (which it isn't) the colours become very mangled. You can get around this for the moment very easily. Just open the EPS file in the 'Preview' application and then hit 'File'->'Save...' and give it a new name - it will save this file as a PDF that does have colorspace information in it. Now just open the newly created PDF instead and the file will look perfect :)

I'll obviously flag this to be fixed in the future...

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Although your PDF recommendation works and keeps the integrity of the picture, when I insert the PDF into Affinity, I cannot remove the text in the document. 

I also went into Adobe Professional to see if I can remove the text.  It does not really work.

Is there another solution?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Kerstin