You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inconsistency with Grid and Snapping Axis & gutters between Metal and Open GL (Publisher .422 and Designer .2)

Using Metal versus Open GL I have noticed an inconsistency with Publisher and Designer regarding the origin of the grid when using a gutter. Metal includes the gutter as the zero point for the vertical start whilst Open GL doesn't. For the horizontal it is the other way around.
I also think there is a problem with changing from one to the other in that the programs crash if the Grid and Axis manager is open when you close and restart the preferences.
(I hope these are the correct ones, crashing a lot recently

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-08-01-120228_Mac-Pro.crash 

Affinity Designer Beta_2019-08-01-120023_Mac-Pro.crash )

Here is the shot of Publisher with Open GL

2094344071_ScreenShot2019-08-01at12_07_04PM.thumb.png.2653e6bcd779d3b71f63dec63491006f.png

and here is Designer with Metal, 

2084675327_ScreenShot2019-08-01at12_06_43PM.thumb.png.cc6260497a1a065466e499f309b1773a.png

If both are the same (say Metal) then they both have the same sort of origin. I would think (and I expected) that with a gutter the origin would ignore both gutters for x and y origin, or include both. 

There seems to be some redraw problems with zoom as well but I must investigate further, tired of the crashes though so it may take a while.

Edit: Further to the misalignment issue is the fact that the grid spacing follows what is in the Metal display even though you have Open GL selected. Meaning what you see as the grid on a machine using Open GL is not what the grid is for snapping purposes.

And with Metal enabled we only see the grid on the first page and then only if you are using single page spreads, double page spreads cause more problems which I haven't quite figured out.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.