You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I notice it is possible to have the size of the brush controlled by pressure, and the opacity controlled by velocity with a brush in the Pixel Persona in Affinity Designer.  However, I cannot seem to do this with the Vector Brush tool.   Am I missing something?  In the Vector Brush options, it will allow me to change from pressure to velocity but it changes for both opacity and size.  

1 hour ago, Flock17 said:

I had to adjust my pen pressure for vector brushes. Hope that helps.

I am not having any issues with pressure or velocity functioning.  I am wondering why you can only use one or the other with the Vector Brush tool.  

Edited by z10n0v4_

• Staff

Hi z10n0v4_,

Welcome to the forums :)

On 7/27/2019 at 10:42 PM, z10n0v4_ said:

I am wondering why you can only use one or the other with the Vector Brush tool

Unfortunately Vector brushes only have limited control, as they can be edited at a later date. This means that we limit the controller to one option with the Vector Brush Tool, else the stroke would need to be rasterised. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!