You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer crash if "Symbol" set as mask.

• Staff

Hi Veltor, 

Welcome to the Affinity Forums! Does this happen for you on a brand new document, or is it specific to a certain document? I've just tried it myself on a blank document and couldn't make it crash. Would you be able to attach a video that demonstrates you reproducing the crash, and any files you may have used when reproducing it?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Veltor, 

Welcome to the Affinity Forums! Does this happen for you on a brand new document, or is it specific to a certain document? I've just tried it myself on a blank document and couldn't make it crash. Would you be able to attach a video that demonstrates you reproducing the crash, and any files you may have used when reproducing it?

Thanks

Ok, I did a little investigation and find out what "Symbols" is not the real cause of the crash. You need masked text by text and masked text should be float to left. It's quite hard to explain so I just attach example file. Masked "Elon Mask me" by "The Mask" to make everything broke.

minimal-example.afdesign

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Veltor,
Thank you very much for the file, and sorry for the delay! I can confirm that 1.7.1 is indeed crashing for me with your file, interestingly however I cannot reproduce this with a new document, despite there being seemingly nothing out of the ordinary with the objects themselves.

With that said I can confirm that the latest beta is not crashing with your file so it does look like this crash has been fixed! If you wish to try it yourself you can get the beta from the link below: