Murali Krishna

Artistic text to paragraph text and vice versa

Do you like to have this feature of converting artistic text to paragraph text and vice versa?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to have this feature of converting artistic text to paragraph text and vice versa?

• Yes
    • No

21 minutes ago, Murali Krishna said:

CorelDraw has an option to convert paragraph text to artistic text and vice versa.

It is very useful at times.

Hope to see this feature soon on Affinity Designer

Although it´s nice to have every functions out there in the software world, but Serif Labs had from the beginning of the Affinity development journey an agenda that the new Suite shouldn't be bloated with to many complicated features (this is my personally opinion)...

That´s why many functions/features still missing in Affinity Designer...

Serif wants to work thru every part of the suite so every function and every implemention will be the best between speed and usabillity...

On 7/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, ErrkaPetti said:

Although it´s nice to have every functions out there in the software world, but Serif Labs had from the beginning of the Affinity development journey an agenda that the new Suite shouldn't be bloated with to many complicated features (this is my personally opinion)...

A feature to convert artistic text to paragraph text is not something that will make the program 'complicated'... you can say this on every feature.

(its more complicated to create a new text object and to copy paste, from right clicking to select "convert paragraph text"...)

On 7/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, ErrkaPetti said:

That´s why many functions/features still missing in Affinity Designer...

The reason why so many functions are missing, is just becalse its a young program. (there is no ImageTrace etc in Affinity, because the software will be to complicated?)

1 hour ago, Glicky said:

A feature to convert artistic text to paragraph text is not something that will make the program complicated... you can say this on every feature.

(its more complicated to create a new text object and to copy paste, from right clicking to select "convert paragraph text"...)

The reason why so many functions are missing, is just becalse its a young program. (there is no ImageTrace etc in Affinity, because the software will be to complicated?)

Complicated is the wrong word here, I meant bloated with too many features...

Many Illustrator/Photoshop users say this about Adobe, it’s many many features, but, the both program there is very heavy to run and runs much slower than Affinity Suite of apps...

But, time will tell how much Serif will built into all three apps, one concern can be that Serif will have the whole suite on iPad also, with the same features inside... Hard job and ambitious goal!

23 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Many Illustrator/Photoshop users say this about Adobe, it’s many many features, but, the both program there is very heavy to run and runs much slower than Affinity Suite of apps...

I agree. but this few small (but very handy, sometimes) features is not the factor to make the program slow, its more about heavy features, like the "revolving" and 3D options in AI.

I used this "convert artistic text to paragraph text" option a lot in CorelDRAW, it's just a little feature, but sometimes very handy.