Hi,

another 2 feature request on users word list

added users word will be saved in dictionary.propcol. But its not editable. I inserted some hundred specific words, but mistyped a few. They are now in forever.

Import/export the .propcol wordlist (e.g. as .txt) and cleaning up the .propcol seems to be a necessary feature.

(Maybe a more complicated feature - for V 2 or 3, I guess)

I producing a lot of medical books, mainly german & english. Many medical word differs only a bit (e.g. decubitus - Dekubitus). Our German authors always mixing them up. For spell checking it would be necessary to have different own defined word list to find them (text -> spelling ->  spelling options), e.g. German medical, english medical etc. 

Idea:

- text -> spelling ->  spelling options: select a word list (dictionary.propcol), or

- Character panel, language, selected word list

45 minutes ago, design punch said:

I inserted some hundred specific words, but mistyped a few. They are now in forever.

If you know you have an incorrect entry, type the word into a text frame, select it, right-click, and choose "Unlearn ...".

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

49 minutes ago, design punch said:

I producing a lot of medical books, mainly german & english. Many medical word differs only a bit (e.g. decubitus - Dekubitus). Our German authors always mixing them up. For spell checking it would be necessary to have different own defined word list to find them

If you're saying that you need to have separate personal lists for German and for English, Publisher already works that way. When you "Learn" a word while spell-checking it is learned for the current language. It will still be misspelled in other languages. So as long as you make sure the word's language is set properly, your personal words should remain separate.

But you're right, if you wanted separate lists for English medical words and for English art words you can't do that. It's all English to Publisher, and the lists are based on the text's language.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Hi Walt,

thanks for your helpfull reply. 

I'm struggling around finding things out, and you already got them all on your fingertips.

From where you them all? *big smile*

1 minute ago, design punch said:

From where you them all? *big smile*

Just a lot of experimenting :D

-- Walt