You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector curve issue

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

I understand, thanks for letting me know.

The reason I'm trying to determine the type of stroke used is that there's a current bug our development team are aware of when exporting to SVG - if you use a Textured Line Style (the last option in the Stroke Studio) the export to SVG a file similar to yours is created, with thousands of nodes. 

We're working to fix this as soon as possible, I imagine this same bug encompasses your document, so I'll be certain to update our development log with your details now, as the screenshots you've provided nicely demonstrate this bug

Many thanks for your continued patience here and my apologies for any inconveniences caused. In the meantime could you use PDF to retain your export and not have your file bloated by nodes?

No worries, I appreciate the help, really.

As for textured lines, I don't remember using that. I was being as cautious as possible with what I was doing because I was afraid I was going to mess up my work. I don't mind saving the files in PDF, but, I'm curious, is there currently a way, or will there eventually be a way to reverse that bug, or would I have to start from scratch? 

Also, on a completely different note: If I purchase AD/AP for desktop and install it on the current laptop I'm using, if I need to change laptops, does the software transfer over with some sort of account like on the iPad in the appstore, or do I have to purchase it again for each laptop or desktop I'd be using?

• Staff
27 minutes ago, LastGrasp said:

is there currently a way, or will there eventually be a way to reverse that bug, or would I have to start from scratch

You may be able to use a 'vector simplifying' app, such as VectorFirstAid to return the SVG to its previous state (or as close as possible). We may add a vector simplifier tool within app in a future update but we have no timescale for this currently, my apologies!

27 minutes ago, LastGrasp said:

If I purchase AD/AP for desktop and install it on the current laptop I'm using, if I need to change laptops, does the software transfer over with some sort of account like on the iPad in the appstore, or do I have to purchase it again for each laptop or desktop I'd be using?

Provided the new PC is using the same OS type as your previous (ie both Windows) then you can install the app on as many computers that you own or personally control using the same license, meaning a new purchase is not required.

However if you're moving from Windows to Mac (or vice-versa) then you'll need to purchase a new license. I hope this helps :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!