You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting with Vector images - used to

Hoping this new post will also been seen by a new set of eyes - as the last post has yet to be resolved with a more definitive outcome. 

I have in the past been able to send a pdf with fully vectored images - all fx included images with no problem. [ Image of the older pdf attached.]  Now just this week actually it would seem one did (printer was happy) the second and every other .pdf or .eps - since won't.  

I don't actually recall which - but it is possible that I was able to do it in the beta version of Pub.??  Now that I have a purchased version was that changed?  

I have gone over lots of tutorials - nada.  Changing the Passthrough to normal actually fixed the issue with rasterization of the font with fx but not the leaves. 

The other 'odd' thing is that one leaf is fine (please go back to previous thread for that image) but the others which are just c&p variations - are not. All made the same way. 

Link below is to the previous thread with seemly same issue that claimed to be resolved - with no actual method to the solution given.  

Hoping someone with more experience with this could tell me how it was done, as I have made dozens of attempts on both designer and publisher to no avail. 

Thanks so much for your help.  

I genuinely like to promote Affinity over Adobe any chance I get - but these issues with printing are getting really expensive as well.  

I really really hate having to go back to Illustrator just to fix the problems with printing.  

pdf 2017.png

The reason the 3 leaves turn flat in eps is because the main body of the leaf has a transparency gradient applied; I'm assuming the other two leaves are just duplicates of the far left leaf.

The far right one has a colour gradient applied so it remains intact.

Changing the other leaves to colour gradients and adjusting the layer opacity will give the same result as having the transparency gradient but it will not change to a flat leaf on export to eps.

The band between the leaves will rasterise because of the layer fx Gaussian blur and Outer Glow, if you tell Affinity not to rasterise anything the fx will not be applied.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you for the reply - but that was just mentioned as the part that was odd - but not the issue. As I mentioned all the leaves where done the same and exported in pdf.  One week it exported as a pdf - without a problem - the next week same file is now a problem.  Why?

Ok what settings are you using to export and can you remember what settings you used when you were successful in exporting a completely vector pdf?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Using the rasterise nothing option in more on the pdf export gives me this.
Screen-Shot-2019-07-16-at-20-04-07.png

1660120009_ReColouringimage.pdf

As said before you will lose the blurring and outer glow on the curve.

11 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Using the rasterise nothing option in more on the pdf export gives me this.
Screen-Shot-2019-07-16-at-20-04-07.png

1660120009_ReColouringimage.pdf

As said before you will lose the blurring and outer glow on the curve.

Hi there 

Thanks again for your help.  Currently this is what I can do - when I do this export - as in the screen shots attached the original file exported as a pdf was fine - it exported without any problems as a vector image.  I do not though recall exactly what it was set at.

It is only when I go to just change the one colour - on the base layer of the leaf (& the top layer of font) nothing else fancy is done to it that the issue arises.

When I then go export the recoloured image (in pdf or eps) it no longer a vector.   

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 21.15.58.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 21.14.22.png