You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grammarly proofing tool integration

As it is essential to have perfectly written text in our documents, would it be possible to integrate or link a very good tool such as Grammarly?

Just transferred my magazine creation from inDesign to Affinity Publisher. Love this product. The most important missing tool is inDesign import. Importing PDFs works great for text, but is not doing a fantastic job when importing PDFs with image double spreads.

Best regards.

2019-07-06 (9).jpg

2019-07-06 (8).jpg

I am looking forward to something similar. I use Antidote for French and English grammar check, but it is probably a similar request. It's up to the 3rd parties to develop the integrations, but before they can do that, they would need Serif to give them the tools to let them do that, such as perhaps a plugin architecture.

When a representative for the company that makes Antidote posted on the forums about allowing them to integrate with Affinity Designer (and I assume Publisher), the Serif "Top Cat" responded:

I have put it on the official list. 

Cheers,

• 6 months later...

I've been working toward moving an old PagePlus project to Affinity Publisher...   I had put off doing it as they had no PagePlus import and the PDF import leaves a lot to be desired if you had a clean PP layout you wanted preserved instead of the hodge podge layout created from a imported PDF.   But figured it would give me a good opportunity to rework the document for better grammar / readability...   only to find there isn't a grammar checker (and barely a spell checker) in affinity publisher.   

So once again I find myself putting of actually 'using' affinity designer... and I'll be porting my older page plus document into Page Plus x9 which doesn't make such huge PDFs... and had a grammar checker.    

I really like affinity publisher...  I just wish I could use it in my projects... but every time I pick it up to actually do something real with it... it falls short.     

I own Designer, Publisher and Photo...  and the only one I've used for anything real is Photo.   I plan to use designer in publisher documents so until I can actually use publisher in production only one of the three (photo) is useful to me...  and I'm guessing the features I need will be in a paid upgrade which made my initial purchases just funding the ongoing development of a tool I hope to use one day. 

I hate being so negative... but its annoying.