You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picker suggestion for Curves adjustment in Affinity Photo

As a longtime Photoshop user coming into Affinity Photo for pro work I wanted to suggest improvement for Photo's curve adjustment tool.

Curves works great but I think the picker tool needs to be able to instantly pick on the curves graph as I click on areas in the picture. Right now I can add points but I have to wiggle left or right in order for the point to be added, and then I might accidentally pull the curve up or down slightly when all I wanted to do was to select a point.  Use case for this is that I might want to select all the color areas in a face and protect those ranges.  Or select a few area in a landscape and pull all those areas up and down.  I mention this because I can easily and quickly do this in Photoshop but this is one of those things where I really struggle with in Photo.

However I have an idea for making curves better in Photo than Photoshop.  What if I could lasso or shift-select a given range of points I have made in curves?  How amazing would that be.  Then I can pull a select group of points up or down and this becomes quite powerful. Think of this like the ability to move a selected group of vector points in Designer. You can't do this in Photoshop. Perhaps you can just pull up the points or stretch the selection - I'm referring to all that you can do in Designer with selected vector points.