You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One of the things I need to do regularly is produce a list of abbreviations. I'm setting up a text style using initial words settings (love this - it is so useful for knitting patterns). However, one thing I really want to do is preserve the first character on each line as lower case unless I specifically type it in as a capital, as I want the abbreviations to appear in the same form they are used in the text. Some are all lower case, others all capitals  (eg k2tog, pm, skp, WS).  It's always a pain to have to go in and replace capitals with lower case, as these can reset when typing or editing, and are very easy to overlook.  Any suggestions gratefully received.

This is what I want to achieve:

k2tog     knit 2 sts together

WS         wrong side

Occasionally, the text also continues onto a second or third line. If at all possible I'd like the start of this text to automatically be in line with the text starting after the tab stops in the first line of the entry. However, I can understand if this is not possible with the tabs being between text, as I can deal with this manually if needed. I'ven now worked out how to do this last task using the text frame ruler.

Edited by kazrbutler
found answer to second part of query

Go to Preferences > Auto-Correct  and you will see the first item is Capitalize first word of sentence.  or some such thing. un tick that.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.