You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Closed Publisher....and my work

I was working in Publisher when I used the "work on in Designer" function. It took that page and opened it in Designer, but closed my entire work in Publisher. The last two hours of my work. So that's great. Idk if it's my fault or what, but that doesn't make sense to me. 

• Staff

@dreggio

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

The whole document opened in Designer (you can change the page in the bottom left using forward and page arrow). Can you check you are seeing that page control UI which only appeared in the 1.7.1 patch released this week.

We are planning on adding an "Edit in Publisher" option into Designer to help make round tripping easier, but for now most functionality is available in the Designer persona without need to invoke "Edit in designer"

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
On 6/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, dreggio said:

Yeah I needed to edit in the pixel persona though, which doesn't seem to be available by using the Designer persona in Publisher

As you have found, the Designer persona in Affinity Publisher represents only the Designer persona of Affinity Designer and not the Pixel Persona or Export Persona.

That is where "Edit in Designer" and the converse "Edit in Publisher" (when it exists) would be useful. For now to access the Pixel persona of Affinity Designer (or Export Persona for that matter) on a Publisher document, you need to open the Publisher file (.AFPub) using Affinity Designer edit it there and save the file in Designer.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon