You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel persona, crop and refine shows pixel garbage

I'm drawing a image with Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and have removed a shadow from a product image from the web. After using the selection brush, I used the refine option. It used all of my CPU cores for several seconds (the image isn't big at all) and presented me with this funny pixel garbage. It's equally broken for all display modes (overlay; black background).

If you want to try and reproduce it, open this URL in Firefox:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&biw=1244&bih=949&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=eFMGXcz8EuGd1fAP0JW18AQ&q=anker+pd+power+10000&oq=anker+pd+power+10000&gs_l=img.3...8433.9291..9485...0.0..0.108.597.3j3......0....1..gws-wiz-img._328jfAGGGo#imgrc=d5tUonyiRSQbvM:

Then right-click the large image and "copy image", then paste to AD. Then switch to pixel persona and erase the cables in the corner. Then use the selection brush, which behaves very wildly here. Not used to that. It's almost impossible to select anything reasonable with it. I've given up and kept the shadow for now. It's not important, just a sketch for myself.

AD_crop_refine_black_background.png

AD_crop_refine_overlay.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi ygoe,
Have you tried this in the 1.7.1.404 build? I've tried it myself and I'm unable to reproduce. Can you reproduce this in a new document? If so could you get a video recording showing the steps please?

Thanks!