You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, all:

My first post here, and so I assume it's ill-worded and poorly located; always the bane of the "new guy on the blog".

I'm using Designer v1.70, though my issues was present in the previous rev., Mac OS 10.14.5.  Now more intractable, it seems.

in Draw Persona I create a new document and attempt to shrink/expand the display on my Apple Magic Trackpad 2.  Just is just the regular pinching and splaying of fingers that works everywhere with everything to change the size of the display format, including Designer--most of the time.

But now, most frequently, it doesn't work.  I continue on with the Zoom Tool (now inexplicably using B as its hotkey, while B for brush is abandoned...).  Five or ten minutes later I accidently use the pinch/splay gesture on the trackpad and viola--it is now working again.  And continues to work. Tomorrow it won't work, until it does.

Any idea what is going on and how it can be directed?  I'm not use to using my full arm every time I make micro-adjustments to my work space.

Any pointers appreciated.

-- Gerry

• Staff

GscottMoore,

Welcome to the forums :)

Let me re assure you that you have posted in the right place!

When I use the Magic Track Pad 2 here in the office the Pinch and Splay gestures only work after I have clicked back onto the canvas after I have clicked an element of the UI please could you try this to see if you get the same behaviour?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Okay, this popped up again today.  After working for an hour in Affinity Designer I used "insert Artboard" and suddenly all attempts to pinch/splay were disregarded.  I did as you said, clicked back on the canvas, selected elements, moved them, changed the tool, used it, used the zoom tool, fiddled, fussed, did "undo" on the artboard change, changed the display format to a larger size, and so on and so forth for 10 minutes.

I quit the program and restarted, reloading the document I was working on, but no. Affinity obstinately refused to acknowledge gestures on the track pad.

I exited the app, opened it anew without the previous document, initiated a new document and it was just as intransigent.  As a result I assume this has nothing to do with document content or activity, but solely with the app.

I turned the track pad off and on.  No change in attitude.

Very frustrating.

I'm periodically updating this post.  This time I rebooted the computer.  All is well again.  That's a fix which should be a monster inconvenience!!

The problem exists also in Infinity Photo.

Another viewpoint on the bug in Affinity somewhere: I find that I can get my pinch/splay action back if I reboot the computer, which is asking a bit much for any software.  Exiting and restarting the program still leaves it unresponsive.  But I see that If I login as a Guest User on my computer and run Affinity Photo, exit and then log that user off and go back to my regular user that it removes the lock from trackpad use.

I sure which someone at Affinity would work on this...

-- Gerry