You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text tool behavior

Hey guys,

I know we've discussed this before and changes have been made which are making the text tool function much more fluidly. One small thing:

If a text block is selected and the cursor is inside blinking, the first hit of the Escape key should just pop you out of the text block, BUT STILL LEAVE THE BLOCK SELECTED, not deselect the text block. The reason is because the user may want to Move or manipulate the text block by pressing the V key. As it works now, one has to switch to the Move tool and then RESELECT the text block, which is an additional step/click... When you're modifying tons of small changes, this quickly becomes a waste of time...

Thanks for considering this small but important detail and all the amazing work you do :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see this implemented Dave, thanks for all your hard work, the app is getting amazing. One small caveat, I don't know if this is a bug or on purpose, but AD uses it's own highlight color (perrywinklish-blue) to highlight text instead of the color I have set in my System Preferences (bright orange). However, AD respects it when highlighting in the regular UI palettes... I'd love to use my system-specified highlight color for highlighting text as well... Thanks again!

This change is in the current beta (1.2.1.25410). (It was listed as being in the previous beta, but wasn't.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.