You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

help using raw when your camera (using Mahave)not supported by affinity photo

I have A Pentax K 50 camera. I also use a MacBook Pro with the mohave as the operating system. When I go into affinity’s list, I don’t see that it supports my cameras raw files. Is there a workaround so that I could still use affinity for my photo editing needs? It was suggested on the facebook page that I come here to ask my questions. Here are some  answers that received on the facebook page:  

convert my raw files to DNG, 

Pentax cameras have the ability to shoot DNG natively, or use Pentax software to export to tiff,

Silvia OrrLJet2Gkdxzg.png Oh, maybe you should try downloading the beta version. It's very stable and that one may be able to read your raw files, not sure. Ask on Serifs beta forum. The list when you click on Mojave takes you to Apple supported cameras if you choose to use Apple raw converter. Look below under heading "Serif Labs Supported Cameras" I have installed Beta 1.7 in my Mac also using Mojave.,

PEF is not that widely supported in many graphics software but DNG is. In Lightroom 5 i use DNG for my K1, as it comes though it only has the adobe standard profile or embedded. By installing the DNG converter, I was able to add .dcp files from that to lightroom. DCP= Digital Camera Profile. Now lightroom has profiles for my K1 for portrait vivid natural... DNG is a good format to use with Pentax. You might also try Raw Therapee as a free option which can do some very pentax specific things like pixel shift. Affinity Photo is an excellent software package well worth the money.

Shoot in DNG RAW

I am very new to photography and really don't understand much of the above so I was  just hoping to understand how to use affinity with the camera that I have. 

Thank you 

I use a K-5 and my wife uses a K-50.  AP has no problems handling the DNG files from either of them.  Just copy the files to your Macbook and you're good to go!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10